Monday, March 13, 2017

Not now doesn't mean never

     Over the course of the past couple of years, so much has been revealed to me. The problem with that, however is that no one ever tells you that prophesy and revelation may not be for right now. We know the Lord does not operate in time. We know that His time is not our time, but they never tell you what that really means. It took a while for me to realize that whatever was revealed to me doesn't mean that it's for right now.
      Disappointment had kicked in well before I realized that this was the case. I was impatient, wondering why the stuff I was told and saw wasn't coming to pass. I will not lie, I was throwing a tantrum like a two year old. I was praying and asking the Lord what is the problem, doubt started setting in. Maybe I didn't hear or see what I heard or saw. In the midst of all the visions, dreams, and prophesies, I had begun to envision what should happen according to what I had seen and heard. Pretty much convincing myself of how I thought things should go. They say, the Lord never does anything the way we expect Him to, because He knows the end. He knows the way things should go to get to an expected end. Our limited minds can not fathom the things of the Lord, but we spin these fantasies according to our limitations as humans and end up disappointed. Sometimes, the Lord is just waiting for us to let go of our preconceived notions, for us to exhaust our limited resources and brain power before He moves. It's not to be mean, but He needs us to realize that it was Him. That it was not our in our own strength that this thing was accomplished.
     I had to refrain from taking things into my own hands. We have a tendency to want to help God and mess up the whole thing. Causing whatever it was to be postponed or take another route. It's confusing being a new creature in Christ. I've always been a Christian, but I was never this in tune with my Father. So you hear people say wait on the Lord and then you hear other people say the Lord helps those who help themselves. When does which one apply. How do you know when to just wait and how do you know if you should move in faith?
     Well, waiting for your spouse requires that you both wait and help yourself. Now that doesn't mean go out dating everyone or interviewing for the position. Let me explain. I am a home body. I prefer to be at home doing whatever it is I feel like doing whether it be writing, reading, or doing something mindless like watching YouTube. My best friend told me that my Adam was not going to just walk up to my door and say, "Hi, The Lord sent me, I'm your Adam."   Now, let's not get it twisted, the Lord could do that if He wanted to, but in most instances this is not the case. So, in order to meet my Adam, not find, because he should find you, I need to get out more. Have I done it? No. The Lord knows my heart, He knows my circumstances. Working midnights, I just have no energy to do much of anything  during the day except sleep. Could I find another job? of course. Could I start working day shift, most definitely, but that is not what is conducive for my household. I need to be available during the day. I have teenagers that are always on the go. They need a ride here or a ride home. There's no rest for the weary, lol
     Anyway, So even in waiting for the Lord to send my Adam, I've been told that I have to get out of the house and become more active. This is not the case for everything you're waiting on. Sometimes you can move in faith, make the wrong move and be disappointed when it doesn't work out. Well, did the Lord tell you to do it? It's a tad frustrating trying to navigate this whole faith thing. The key, however, to being successful is to stay in constant communication with our Father, stay in His word. Constantly seek Him and He will reveal things to you. Just keep in mind, that He gives no time frame. He doesn't give specific dates. There are a lot of variables that play into prophesies and visions coming to fruition. For one, we have free will. Like I said before, sometimes we can try to "help" the Lord and mess things up. I learned that we have to want His perfect will. If we pray for something smaller than what He has for us, that's what we'll get because you've put the Lord and His awesome power in a box. We have to want the great things He has for us, believing that our all powerful, all seeing Father has THE BEST for us, not just mediocre.
     Sometimes, you will feel like He isn't speaking to you at all. It could be that you're not sitting still to listen or He's waiting for you to do what He told you before. We just have to trust that even though we don't hear from Him, that He is still moving on our behalf. What we want, may not be what's best for us at that time.  Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14., because not now doesn't mean never.

No comments:

Post a Comment