Monday, March 6, 2017

Still Struggling

     Can I just be absolutely transparent and honest? I'm still struggling!
     People.....some people believe that once you give your life to Christ that you no longer sin. That there is an instant transformation. One of the reasons people call Christians hypocrites. I said one of the reasons, I know there are quite a few others, but for this post we're just talking about this instant change that is supposed to take place. This miraculous change where you become perfect, lol. Yes, I'm being facetious.
     Any Christian worth their weight will tell you it's a daily struggle. The enemy has studied us. He knows what we like, he knows what will tempt us. Have you ever noticed that whenever you make a decision to do something or not to do something, distractions and temptations start coming out of the woodwork. Yea, you'll know you're on the right path when that happens. The problem is, most people just give in. You have to fight your flesh and die to self daily. Everyday you have to pray for the strength to not give in or give up.
     It's a daily struggle for me not to curse someone out. It's a daily struggle not to go grab a bottle from the liquor store. It's a daily struggle not to go back to being a predator. Laugh if you will, I'm telling you my struggles.
     I still struggle to believe what the Lord showed me. I struggle daily not to give up and go back to the old me because it was easy, it was comfortable. It is a daily struggle, but evertytime I wake up the Lord has placed a song in my heart so, I sing it. Every day, it seems like Pandora knows the songs I need to hear at any part of the day, to keep me encouraged and uplifted. Everyday, someone reminds me how blessed I truly am and that for all the bad I endured, my greater will cover and surpass it all.
     So be not weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not! Galatians 6:9.
     More scriptures for overcoming temptation:
1 Corinthians 10:13
Matthew 26:41
James 1:13-16
James 4:7
Ephesians 6:11
James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment